Invisalign in Yuba City is an effective alternative to traditional braces for adults with misaligned teeth. Invisalign aligners are removable, low-profile, and effective. Most patients can complete Invisalign therapy in as little as six months.
Why Misaligned Teeth Are an Adult-Sized Problem
When most of us think of teeth alignment problems, we picture young children or teenagers. In reality, people of any age can suffer from this common condition. If you’re among them, then it’s important that you seek dental care as soon as possible. Left uncorrected, misaligned teeth can cause serious issues like these:
- Tooth decay and gum disease. Poorly aligned teeth are more difficult to care for, making brushing and flossing less effective and putting the person at risk for tooth loss and even worse.
- Worn, chipped, or broken teeth. Misaligned teeth are subject to excessive and unnatural levels of stress, which can damage them in many ways.
- Headaches, neck pain and back pain. Your body works best when all it’s parts are properly aligned. Problems in your jaw can radiate throughout your skull and into all parts of your skeletal structure.
“Braces for Adults”
The traditional remedy for misaligned teeth is braces. But, while braces are effective in most cases, they come with drawbacks that most adults find unacceptable. These include inconvenience, personal appearance factors, and prolonged treatment times. Invisalign aligners were created to overcome these problems. Here’s why they’re a better choice for most grown-ups:
- They’re low-profile. Invisalign aligners are made from a transparent material that most observers will never notice. The wearer can go about his or her day unworried about whether others will notice the appliance.
- They’re removable. Traditional braces can only be removed by a dentist. This is a time-consuming process that can interfere with career responsibilities and other obligations. Invisalign aligners can be removed for as long as two hours per day. This enables the wearer to eat his or her normal diet and perform other routine activities.
- They’re easy to care for. Invisalign aligners require only regular cleaning with a soft bristled toothbrush and antimicrobial soap. The wearer can also soak the appliance in a standard denture cleaning solution if he or she so chooses. Your dentist can give you more information on caring for the product.
- They’re convenient. Invisalign patients wear each pair for about a week. Each comes with its own protective case, making traveling with Invisalign a snap.
- They’re effective. The usual course of treatment lasts from 6 to 15 months. Afterwards the patient only needs to wear a nightly retainer to maintain the benefits throughout his or her life.
Invisalign aligners are best suited to older teens and adults. Younger children and adolescents, whose teeth are still developing, usually are better served by more traditional approaches.
Only a qualified dental professional can prescribe the right treatment for tooth alignment problems. Make an appointment with a cosmetic dentist in Yuba City today to find out more about Invisalign and other options. There’s no better way to ring in 2019 with a smile on your face.
About the Author
Dr. Ajaipal Sekhon studied dentistry at the University of Western Ontario in Ontario, Canada, graduating in 2008. He opened Fit Dental in May 2011 and is proud to be an active member of our community. You can reach his office online or by calling (530) 822-9090.